How can the earth help you save dollars and provide heating and cooling?
Concord Engineering is a leader in close-coupled, vertical bore geothermal applications. Our team of engineers will provide solutions for your new construction or renovation projects where geothermal systems can be applied. This can be on a single building basis or campus-wide.
Traditionally, geothermal heat pump systems consist of air-to-water heat pumps that are coupled in a closed-loop arrangement with a vertical bore-field located outside of the building. This type of system is typical for schools and office buildings. System performance has been very attractive over the years and many Owners have benefited from this Green/Renewable technology from an energy and cost savings perspective. Please refer to our Neptune Community School (LEED Platinum Middle School) and Radnor Middle School Case Studies for further information.
Today’s technology has allowed geothermal systems to be utilized in buildings that would otherwise not be considered practical for the technology. These buildings utilize geothermal chiller-heaters in order to provide chilled water and hot water to distribution systems in the facility. This ability allows traditional 4-pipe distribution systems to still be utilized and paired with high-efficiency, renewable geothermal energy bore-fields and equipment. Please refer to our Rutgers Business School Case Study for further information.
Geothermal bore-fields are also utilized in a campus setting, where multiple buildings share a single, centralized bore-field. This can be very beneficial for Owners and allow more cost-effective bore-field installations in these instances. Please refer to our Fort Monmouth Case Study for further information.
Heat Recovery is another application for high efficiency, “extended range” heat pumps typically earth coupled. These “Water to Water” heat pumps act as an energy efficiency measure without the benefit of earth coupling to a geothermal bore field. Heat pumps can absorb low grade heat from waste effluent or closed loop return water systems. Please contact us for specific applications.
GEOTHERMAL HEAT PUMP SOLUTIONS:
- Geothermal Feasibility Studies
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Energy Modeling and Incentives
- Geothermal Bore-field Sizing and Analysis
- Owner’s Engineer
- Existing Geothermal System Optimization
- LEED Modeling and Support
- Turn-Key Construction Services of Geothermal Solutions
Concord is a leader in geothermal engineering and design completing projects in the local, State and Federal sectors. Our firm is consistently working in these market sectors as Engineer of Record, Energy Engineer of Record, Owner’s Agent, Commissioning and Construction Administration Support.
Concord Engineering is proud to share our geothermal highlights as follows:
- Over $500 million (construction cost) in US Federal Military Base projects (FEMP ESPC program) as result of our engineering and design for energy efficiency and onsite resiliency generators.
- Over $100 million in grants for our clients for efficiency and sustainability and resiliency
- Program management and consulting for utility- and government-managed Clean Energy programs
- LEED, USGBC, Geothermal and Energy Star experience, certifications and awards. Our client, Midtown Elementary School was the first school in New Jersey to achieve LEED Platinum certification.
- Strong knowledge of New Jersey Local Public’s Contracting Law assisting in the development of bid specifications compliant with applicable laws, regulations, and county policies.
- Extensive experience working with New Jersey local government entities to include counties, municipalities, towns and schools.
- Multi-Family Housing
- Hotels & Hospitality
- Health Care
- Mixed Use
- Commercial High Rise
- Corporate Office
- Senior Living
- Casinos & Gaming
- K-12 Education
- Higher Education
- Local Governments
- Data Centers